Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fruit Garland

Continuing my obsession with the smells of Christmas I thought we could make an orange and apple spiced garland.  I cut 2 oranges and 1 apple to 1/4 inch thickness and had the kids blot off any surface moisture.


I microwaved the fruit for 2 minutes on paper towel and then set them on a baking sheet to bake at 250 degrees.  I took this picture before sprinkling them with cinnamon.  The house smelled wonderful as the the fruit dried in the oven.  The oranges dried first and I took them out after a few hours.  The apples needed about another hour.


Here is how they looked coming out of the oven.


I strung them with red and white baker's twine and hung them under our mantle.  They look so festive!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...